Plastic surgery of men breasts is one of the cosmetic surgery techniques designed especially for men. The reasons why some men have so-called man breasts can be very diverse. They may derive from an atypical secretion of hormones, from having suffered from certain illnesses or even from the consumption of certain medicines with side effects or anabolic agents. In this sense, it makes no difference whether the man breast anomaly is due to one or the other, as it can be corrected either by liposuction or by surgical intervention.

Gynecomastia cases

In this way, the liposuction technique would focus on the reduction of excess fat, while the surgical intervention technique would deal with the reduction of excess glandular tissue. Sometimes these techniques are combined depending on the case we are dealing with. In our plastic surgery and aesthetic medicine clinic in Granada we aim to offer you the best option adapted to your situation at all times. We know that the correction of the so-called man breast is not only an intervention that will correct a physical defect, but also that this intervention will have psychological repercussions on the person undergoing this treatment. Therefore, our goal is your satisfaction.

As a preliminary orientation, we would like to point out that the choice of one man breast correction technique or another will depend not only on the amount of fat or glandular tissue. We will have to take into account the fact that sometimes surgical intervention will be necessary because the nipple is too large or bulging or has even grown irregularly, it may also be the case that the areola is deformed by this abnormal growth of the man breast.

How to treat man breasts

The growth of man breasts may also be known as gynecomastia, but it is commonly an anomaly that can be easily corrected with treatments specially designed for this aesthetic problem. However, there is another condition called adipomastia that has the same results as gynecomastia. The main difference between these man breast growth disorders is that in adipomastia the tissue is much softer as it is composed of fatty tissue, while gynecomastia is a harder area as it is composed of glandular tissue. Logically, the treatment of one or the other will vary, and as we have already mentioned, the treatment for those imperfections derived from fat can be corrected with liposuction, while those derived from glandular tissue will have to be treated surgically.

Gynecomastia recovery

Finally, we would like to point out that recovery from man breast correction treatment is usually simple and quick, varying between 4 and 7 days, but in any case only rest is usually required. In some cases, sport may have to be postponed for up to three weeks after the operation. We will accompany the patient from the first moment he decides to come to our clinic until the full recovery period of the chosen treatment has passed.

Gynecomastia key points:

Man breast reduction (Gynecomastia): Gynecomastia is an increase in breasts volume among men. It can be caused by fat accumulation or by an excessive and abnormal development of the mammary gland, which is usually atrophic in men.

The correct surgery can be performed by liposuction in 90% of cases, and in the remaining 10%, through a small incision in the areolar ridge in cases where the mammary gland is very enlarged.

Statistically, this type of operation takes the following time:

Surgical time: 2 hours.
Anaesthesia: Adapted to the needs of each patient.
Hospitalisation: not required.
Recovery: 4 to 7 days.